About This Site:
In 1989, Sounds True published its first audio program about the Mayan prophecy that “reality and time” would end on December 21, 2012.
In 2006, as 2012 loomed nearer, we decided to contact the world’s leading thinkers and teachers on this topic to learn the truth. What started as an exercise in healthy skepticism quickly shifted to bona fide wonder and intrigue. We discovered:
- Scientific evidence that the earth and sun will be experiencing electromagnetic shifts that have a measurable impact on human physiology and cognition
- Historical and cross-cultural awareness of this epic shift
- Most importantly, that the Mayans predicted not a horrific biblical “Armageddon,” but a monumental turning point in human and planetary consciousness—leaving the outcome open to our own volition
This site is intended to keep you up-to-date about the latest information and insights regarding the 2012 phenomenon from the most reputable authors and researchers on the topic that we’ve found. While we hope you’ll take an interest in our book and audio titles, you should find this site valuable in and of itself.
Key pages to see:
- Introduction—Sounds True Publisher Tami Simon introduces The Mystery of 2012 anthology.
- Mayan Calendar 101—Renowned independent scholar John Major Jenkins explains the Mayan Calendar.
- Janosh—Learn more about the incredible artist whose work serves as the primary influence of the art on this site.
- Events—As 2012 draws closer, many organizations will be hosting seminars and conferences around this fascinating topic. We will be noting these events here.
- Shop—We have many educational resources contributed by the most brilliant minds writing about the transformative nature of these times including: Gregg Braden, John Major Jenkins, Jean Houston, Peter Russell, Joanna R. Macy, PhD, Daniel Pinchbeck, and many more.
- 2012 countdown widget—Don’t forget to add the widget in the upper right corner to your iGoogle home page as a Google Gadget. Embedding code will soon be available so you can include this cool widget on your own website, MySpace page, etc.
We’re very excited to engage with you regarding one of the most potentially transformative and mysterious phenomena of the times, not to mention human history.
Suggestions and comments? Please post them on this site or email us at 2012@SoundsTrue.com.
Thank you for your interest,
—The Team at Mysteryof2012.com
Download three learning sessions distilled from our 2012 audio-learning programs. The links below will download the audio. Add them to your computer music player or iPod© to start listening.