Can any of us really admit to having a life without plastics?
Is is even possible be be plastic free?
What are some of the best resources for living a plastic free existance?
Plastic bird deaths.. a photo series called Midway by Chris Jordan
A great quote about reducing plastics in our lives from the Fake Plastic Fish blog "... I didn't try to eliminate all plastics at once, and I would never recommend anyone else do it that way either. It's the road to burnout."
More online resources to check out:
Top 10 plastic reducing actions:
1. Avoid the worst plastics: Polyvinyl Chloride (#3 PVC), Polystyrene (#6 PS), Polycarbonate (#7 Other). Good luck!
2. Carry reusable grocery bags. ChicoBag.com
3. Give up bottled water. Klean Kanteens
4. Say no to plastic shopping bags. Chicobag.com
5. Return the green plastic tomato baskets to the farmer’s market. They will love you.
6. Carry a stainless steel travel mug at all times for most drinks while out in the world. Rei.com
7. Buy from bulk bins as much as possible. Bring your old plastic bags even!
8. Cut out sodas, juices, and all other plastic-bottled beverages. Buy Glass or Aluminum!
9. Buy fresh artisanal bread which comes in either paper bags or no bags. Yeah no bag!
10. Carry reusable personal utensils, stainless containers and glass drinking straws. Bamboo even at Togoware.com
More than the top ten are listed here: http://fakeplasticfish.com/list/
Great body products in compostable, not recyclable plastics: http://www.organic-essence.com/
So enjoy the new found advice and good luck in reducing your plastic footprint on the world. Know is half the battle as G.I. Joe would always say.